NFTs ("non-fungible tokens") are unique, one-of-a-kind digital assets. They can be pretty much be anything digital - a music track, a film, or an artwork. What makes them unique is that we can now use a technology called the Blockchain to create a one-off digital certificate that's attached to that file - a certificate that proves ownership, and is publicly visible, forever.
Some people buy NFTs because they love the artist, their artwork and what they stand for. Others buy them because their unique qualities make them collectible, whereas some people might buy them to sell on, in the hope that they will go up in value.
Some POW holders use their NFTs as profile pictures on social media, others display them in their homes, and others have bought the pieces to trade. There is no set reason, provided you enjoy the process!
1. NFTs are purchased using cryptocurrencies. There are many currencies to choose from, but Ethereum is the most widely used right now. You can purchase Ethereum by setting up a Coinbase account, although there are other platforms available.
2. Next you'll need to create a digital wallet to hold your cryptocurrency and NFTs. MetaMask is the most common wallet, but Coinbase have one too. Ensure you keep your keys and passwords safe, and do not share these with anyone.
3. Click on any of the official POW collection links on this site. These links will take you to either our dedicated mint sites, OpenSea or Foundation - the marketplaces we use to sell POW NFTs.
4. Have fun browsing our collections, and exploring other artists and projects too!
5. If you would like to purchase a POW artwork, follow the instructions to connect your wallet to our mint sites, OpenSea or Foundation and select the piece you like. Depending on the type of listing, you may be asked to buy now, place a bid or make an offer.
6. When you purchase a piece, you will need to pay a 'gas' fee for the transaction (this pays for the computing energy required to process and validate transactions on the Ethereum blockchain). Gas prices can vary dramatically depending on how busy the network is, but you will always be informed of the amount prior to making your purchase. If gas is high, try coming back later, as prices can fluctuate throughout the day.
7. Once you've approved the gas fee and completed the transaction, the POW NFT will be yours to enjoy!
POWER PASSES: POWER PASSES are currently available to mint directly from us for 0.03E each + gas fees.
BLAZING WOMEN: BLAZING WOMEN NFTs are currently available to mint directly from us for 0.04E each + gas fees for POWER PASS holders or 0.06E each + gas for general sale.
1/1 Primary Sales: As Leah's 1/1 pieces are completely unique, they take well over a day to create, plus additional time to research, strategise and market. Mint prices currently start at approximately 0.3 ETH + gas fees. We hope that by keeping prices relatively low for primary sales, POW artworks can be accessible, while staying true to the value of Leah's time as an artist and the POW mission. While these prices are of course not going to be affordable for everyone, we think that they are a fair representation of POW's current value in the NFT space. For those unable to afford a 1/1 POW piece, keep your eye out on the POWER PASS, surprise airdrops and giveaways, as well as our BIG upcoming collection.
Secondary Sales: If you're lucky enough to be the owner of a POW piece and choose to sell, you're able to set the re-sale price as high/low as you like. The current floor (lowest) price across all POW collections is roughly 0.5 ETH.
Before purchasing a POW NFT, please read terms of our Licence, as set out below:
Power of Women NFT Licence
This NFT Licence ("Licence") outlines the terms and conditions of each Power of Women NFT that is sold, offered or transferred to any individual or entity. If you sell, purchase or transfer a Power of Women NFT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Licence.
“Artwork” means any art, illustration, image, design, video, GIF, or other visual work created by Power of Women and associated with the NFT.
“NFT” means an Ethereum-based non-fungible token complying with the ERC-721 standard, ERC-1155 standard, or other similar non-fungible token standard, as recorded on the blockchain.
“POW NFT” means the NFT created or issued by Power of Women, or minted directly via smart contract that is linked via metadata with a specific Artwork.
1. You own a POW NFT if your ownership of the NFT is cryptographically verified on the Ethereum blockchain. As a POW NFT owner, you own the POW NFT, but you do not own or acquire the copyright to the Artwork associated with the NFT, which remains with its creator, Leah Ibrahim Sams.
1. If you own a POW NFT, you are granted the right to (a) use, copy and display the POW NFT for personal, non-commercial purposes only; and (b) transfer the POW NFT between wallets you control or to another person or entity, should you wish to do so.
2. You cannot: (a) edit or modify the Artwork, or use the Artwork or POW NFT for any commercial purposes, without written permission from the Artwork's creator, Leah Ibrahim Sams; (b) attempt to register the Artwork as a trademark or assert ownership of any intellectual property rights in or to the Artwork; or (c) use the Artwork in in connection with images of hatred, violent, pornographic, defamatory, abusive, harassing, discriminatory or other unlawful behaviour.
Transferring your POW NFT
1. If you choose to sell or transfer your POW NFT, your entire license to the Artwork and any rights associated with your POW NFT will transfer to the new owner, from the point of sale or transfer, at which point the new owner will be bound by the terms of this Licence.
We are strong believers in using NFTs to raise awareness and money for social causes. Here is our commitment so far:
The Veiled Ladies: 25% of all primary sales were donated to MAKNA, a social enterprise tasked with fighting cancer in Leah's home country of Malaysia.
Cova Dignity Collection: All ongoing royalties from the sale of Leah's piece, 'Amahle' and all primary sales and royalties from 'Jasira' will go directly to The Cova Project's work providing menstrual health solutions to girls in developing communities across Africa.
The Power of Motherhood: 10% of primary sales were donated to Every Mother Counts, an organisation committed to making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother, everywhere.
Women of the Metaverse: 5% of all primary sales will go to organisations supporting women and girls, equality and mental health, with partnerships being curated to each of the collection’s themes. To date, our partner organisations have included UNWomen, Faces of Postpartum and Minority Rights Group International and OutRight International.
1. Take your time to explore.
2. Connect with, learn from others and support artists you admire.
3. Build, involve and reward your community.
4. Create work that is authentic to you. If you’re passionate about what you create and the message behind your work, there will be someone out there who shares your values and believes in you too.
5. Enjoy and embrace the new connections and friends you make.